Renunciations of Ghanaian Citizenship
An application to renounce one's Ghanaian nationality should be addressed in the form of a letter to the Minister of Interior through this Embassy.
Requirements for renunciation of Ghanaian citizenship
By the constitution of Ghana, applicants are by law to attain the age of 18 years and above before renouncing their Ghanaian nationality!
- Completed renunciation application form;
- Original German assurance letter;
- Certified English translation of the German assurance letter;
- Application letter addressed to the interior minister in Ghana stating reasons why applicant wants to renounce his/her citizenship;
- Applicant's curriculum vitae (CV) which must include the names and addresses of parents or any close relations living in Ghana;
- Photocopy of relevant pages of applicant's Ghanaian passport;
- Photocopy of receipt (that was issued to applicant when he/she bought renunciation application form);
- One passport sized photograph;
It must be pointed out that the renunciation becomes legal only after Ghana’s Minister of Interior has issued a Certificate.
Please note that any cancellation and erasure on the Renunciation Form renders it null and void and will not be forwarded to the appropriate authorities in Accra. All applicants must endeavour to avoid mistakes.