Passport Application Requirements
The following requirements are to be fulfilled by passport applicants:
- A fully completed form with signature and thumb print;
- Four (4) biometric passport pictures;
- The current passport or birth certificate;
- Photocopy of the current passport (page containing personal data);
- An applicant who has no proof of the travel document with which he/she entered the country must support the application with an affidavit from the High Court sworn on his/her behalf in Ghana by a close relative. The affidavit should indicate whether applicant has acquired a passport before or not, and if missing, indicate the passport number supported by an attestation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Accra. Alternatively applicants could support their applications with a ¨Duldung¨ or temporary stay permit.
- In most cases, an interview would be necessary;
- A photocopy of the receipt for the processing fee;
- Any supporting documents in respect of for example profession, or copy of the passport of a parent in support of children's applications.
- A self-addressed envelope affixed with not less than EUR 3.55 worth of postage stamps. The envelop must bear the name of the applicant even if he/she is not the principal recipient.
- Payment could be made either in cash at the Embassy/Consulate or through the following bank details:
GHANA EMBASSY GENERAL ACCOUNT
Deutsche Bank Berlin
Unter den Linden 13/15, 10117 Berlin
DE82100 7000 000 6356 4900
Please indicate the purpose of the payment and applicant´s full name!
All applicants are to comply and carefully note the above requirements to enable the Embassy process and issue your passport on time
Requirements and date of commencement for biometric passports will be announced later.